About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, December 08, 2023

Hanukah

 HAPPY HANUKAH!

We are not a religious family but we do try to maintain non-secular and secular family traditions. Each year I feel connected with my Dad and his ancestors when we light the family menorah. I feel like it is my small way of saying hello and we still remember to everybody from my Dad's side of the family who has died. I understand that is not the meaning of Hanukah, but I think the sense of connection is universal. 

After we lit the menorah the boys helped me decorate our Christmas tree before making a list of cookies that need to be baked in the coming weeks. They are certainly going to be keeping me busy for the next few weeks! It turns out that both boys prefer different cookies and that their culinary preferences rarely overlap. 

Baking is going to have to wait because this weekend we are returning to the Francis Scott Key Mall to sell FlexyFriends. Our stock is low after the Craft Fair sell-out but we are printing furiously to try to fill the table. If you are in the area, stop by and say hello! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment