About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 07, 2023

No More Lincoln Beard

 I agreed to Robby's "no shave November" initiative with the caveat that he get a proper haircut and shave at the beginning of December. I have never been a fan of facial hair but I try to allow the boys dominion over their own appearances. With very few exceptions I will allow them to dress and groom to their preferences. Although Robby likes the scraggly look he had finally reached the place where it was unruly and difficult for him to manage. I took advantage of the lack of family activities and Robby's willingness to shave to take the boys to the barber for their holiday haircuts. 

Timmy and Robby hopped onto the barber chairs at the same time. By the time Timmy was done Robby's hair was still being sectioned by the barber. During the time that Robby was getting his hair cut and his face shaved the other barber managed to complete the haircuts and complete the transactions for five separate customers. Needless to say, my little Koopa was more akin to a woolly mammoth when he walked into the barbershop.

It took the barber 2 hours to buzz, cut, snip and shave the hair away. By the time his makeover was finished Robby looked like a completely different person. I feel like I have my little boy back! (At least until he starts to grow out his beard again.)



No comments:

Post a Comment