About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, December 05, 2023

Knock Out Chicken

Robby has never been a rough and tumble kid. As a young child he abandoned riding his bicycle after a fall because "if I was meant to ride I would have been born with wheels instead of feet." It took five years to convince him to remount a bike because his desire to remain unscathed was so strong. As a result of his cautious approach to life he has been spared most childhood injuries.

My cautious little Koopa almost made it out of his childhood without sustaining a black eye. Unfortunately yesterday his unscathed streak came to an end in the most unfortunate (and slightly comical) incident. While Robby was in class I decided to surprise him with lunch from Chick Fil A.  He saw the bag of food on the car seat as he approached and crouched down to see what was inside. Simultaneously he swung the door open in the anticipated triumph of conquering the waffle fry. He swung the door directly into the side of his face. 

Watching it play out I immediately knew that he was hurt. It turns out that he gave himself a black eye and a gnarly gash on his cheek. He knocked himself out for some chicken and fries.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment