About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Celebrations begin...

 Yesterday we officially kicked off Scott's retirement celebrations. The school board honored retiring teachers during last night's meeting. The boys and I were excited to join him for the meeting. Timmy was especially enthusiastic about going to Red Robin to celebrate before the meeting. 

I felt unexpectedly emotional when Scott was called to the front for his recognition. I know that he has been planning his retirement for years, but this feels very sudden. I suppose I didn't really expect him to follow through with his plans. Hearing his name called by the school board left little doubt that our lives are about to completely change. 

Change is not something that I love, but it is certainly slapping me in the face this week. Today is Robby's final band lesson, and yesterday was the first class registration morning that I haven't had to wake at 4:30 to snag the coveted courses. Everything is changing.

Don't even get me started on the fact that I turn 50 on Sunday...




No comments:

Post a Comment