About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, June 04, 2024

30 years later- he retired!

 The changes and celebrations just keep rolling our way. Yesterday morning we celebrated Scott's final day of school-EVER. The countdown has felt perpetual so the fact that it has reached a finality feels odd. At his request we withheld any big party. Instead the boys and I lined the street with homemade signs. When I knew he was nearly home we met his car at the mailboxes and led a little parade back to our houses with the boys (particularly Timmy and eventually Friend) hooting and hollering in celebration. 

Despite the celebrations and milestones over the past week, my work week trudges on. This morning I woke early to resume my summer schedule. I wonder if waking early will become my yearlong norm now that Scott is retired? I guess I'll figure that out in September when he is still home.




No comments:

Post a Comment