About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 17, 2024

Some Families Simply Suck

My reaction to Father's Day took me by surprise this year. I woke early and, as I was sipping on my coffee and slowly starting to begin my work, I began to think about my Dad. As so many things do these days, my thoughts quickly leapfrogged from my Dad to my brother as I envisioned them together again. That fleeting happy image was quickly replaced by the memory that not a single member of my father's family reached out or attended my brother's funeral.

That is where the anger swept over me. Sometimes I become so angry I don't know what to do with all of the emotions. Yesterday was one of those times. My brother died and not a single member of the entire "esteemed" family responded. We didn't receive a single text, card or petal from any of these 'loving family' members at the death of their cousin. 

The slight would have killed my Dad.

F*ck them. 

There is a liberation that comes from wiping an entire group of people out of your life. At least I now know that my family's presence at "family" events is no longer expected. If I were to attend, I'm certain I would no longer feel welcome. For that I am sad, but I am not going to mourn what never existed.


No comments:

Post a Comment