About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, June 14, 2024

Another UTI

 After a few weeks off, tomorrow we are back to selling FlexyFriends. Scott and Timmy are heading to a local mall for a one-day event while Robby and I showcase our wares at a craft show in Maryland. With college tuition looming around the corner, I'm eager to take as many selling opportunities as possible! Both events are only a single day so we will be able to celebrate Father's Day at home.

I have not been feeling great this week courtesy of a nasty UTI. Despite my best intentions, I just didn't drink adequately at the World War II event this past weekend. I tried to fight it off on my own but on Wednesday I waved the white flag and contacted a doctor for antibiotics. I'm feeling better now, just very worn out from the infection.

When I finally decided it was time to seek treatment I tried to schedule an appointment with my doctor. I was frustrated that there were no openings until Friday (today). My searching led me to Amazon medical, where I was able to fill out an intake form and send it to a licensed doctor. I paid the $30 fee and 5 minutes later the antibiotics were called into my pharmacy.  It was cheaper, easier and considerably faster than using my own health insurance. Who knew!



No comments:

Post a Comment