About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 10, 2024

World War II Weekend Wrap-Up

 We had an amazing weekend away at my Mom's and the World War II Weekend. After all of the excitement and celebrations of the past week, it was fun to keep the revelry going for a few more days. The weather was gorgeous! In the 10 years that we have been attending the event, I don't think I remember the weather being as ideal as it was over the past few days. 

Unlike other years, Timmy attended this year's event. Although he isn't terribly interested in military history, he is a huge fan of his big brother. If it catches Robby's interest, it must be worthy of his time and exploration. Timmy delighted in exploring the planes with Robby, probably because the pair went into the crafts by themselves. I'm fairly certain that Timmy would follow Robby anywhere and would come out the other end bearing a huge smile. 

After a fun five day getaway, this morning we are back to reality. Of course, since I am the only one in the house with a job or responsibilities at the moment, I suppose I am the only person who has returned to any sort of reality. I'm up working while all of the boys are sleeping.  Friend, who I know to be loyal to an offer of a walk and a treat, ventured out to join me this morning. Even he is getting ready to fall back asleep. I guess the weekend of playing at his Nana's house has even tuckered him out!




















 


No comments:

Post a Comment