About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Good Days

 Both boys had a happy and successful first day of classes. Timmy, who was nervous about moving from the early elementary to the late elementary classroom, was a bundle of nerves before logging into his classroom. As soon as he saw the faces of his friends he squealed, began to giggle and shooed me out of the room. When he emerged during snack time I tried to get a read on how his day was proceeding. All he said is, "my homies are back together" before strutting back into his room. 

While Timmy was logging into his first day of school, Robby was beginning his academic collegiate adventure.  He attended is first classes and emerged excited. He was happy that he did not feel overwhelmed and he noted two familiar faces in the class. He seems to be finding both his footing and his wings. 

Although I would love to settle into a comfy schedule and just cruise through the next few months, I know that is not our reality. With both boys settled into their classes, Scott and I are starting to turn our attention towards moving. We have another dumpster being delivered tomorrow for purge #2. The amount of stuff we have accumulated is both embarrassing and frustrating. Hopefully we will move somewhere with better trash policies because I'm tired of broke furniture accumulating in the corners of our garages.




No comments:

Post a Comment