About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 30, 2024

Good Week

 I recognize that very little time has passed since we dropped Robby off at his dorm. Despite being only a few days, it feels like so much has transpired. During those few days he has made a whole new group of friends, learned the campus, attended events and started his first college courses. I haven't spoken with him as much as I would like, but probably as much as is appropriate so I have refrained from calling, because he is always with people. Today Robby is coming home for the long weekend and I cannot wait to see his face and to hear about all of his adventures.

Timmy has also had an amazing week but I have been fortunate enough to have him home to experience his enthusiasm in real-time. He seems to love his new classroom and his new teacher. Instead of being among the oldest in his class, he is now among the youngest. This is a role which is familiar and comfortable probably because he is the youngest in our family.

Early each morning he has been waking up to get in the right 'headspace' for school and to prepare his room. Each afternoon he comes out of his room with a smile across his face and an eagerness to continue learning. I honestly could not have asked for a better first week for either boy.

 With my house again full, I feel like I might actually be able to relax this weekend. I plan on soaking up every chaotic moment.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment