About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 02, 2024

New leg, New Liner

 I'm still not feeling fantastic, but life continues (especially when you are a mom). Yesterday, in addition to everything else we have going on, I added "get a new leg" to the mix. While I hate the entire process, I know that it is well overdue and I will be happy when I am again walking with ease and comfort. With us starting to turn out heads towards packing for college and to prepare for a move, comfort in mobility has become paramount.

I am always delighted after I have a new leg, but the process is frustrating. I really REALLY don't like people messing with my limb, and it is inevitably manipulated during the process. Last night my phantom pain was off the charts because of the pushing on my limb. With each electric zap I reminded myself that it was going to be worth it in the end. 

The immediate benefit of starting a new leg is getting brand new liners. New liner day is wonderful! The coolness of a brand new liner rolling up my limb, especially in the summer, is fantastic and really can't be beat. I love new liner day.



No comments:

Post a Comment