About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 05, 2024

Listerine

 A few evenings ago I was in the tub, listening to an audio book and trying to escape into the bubbles. Despite my warning that I was taking a bath and the request to be left alone, the knocking on the door began about five minutes after I submerged. It turns out that Timmy wanted a toothbrush. 

I asked him to wait until I was done in the tub, but his knocking became more persistent. 

"No Momom. Please. Let Daddy just grab the blue toothbrush on the shelf. I need it real quick,"

My interest was piqued. Why did he so desperately need a toothbrush, and why the blue one specifically? I was curious, but certainly not enough to stop my bath. I popped some bubbles and settled back for a few minutes of relaxation. And then, as if I was shocked into reality, I realized that the 'blue' toothbrush he was describing was mine.

"Timmy," I called from my quickly cooling bubble oasis. "The blue toothbrush is mine. What are you doing with my toothbrush?"

He started to become panicked as he explained that he wasn't using my blue toothbrush but the 'other one.' Looking from my perch in the tub, I could clearly see that there was only one blue toothbrush. With my bath retreat ruined over the prospect of what was brewing, I wiped away the bubbles and got dressed.

As soon as opened the door Timmy was ready to explain. He immediately grabbed the toothbrush, my toothbrush, and asked me to follow him to his bedroom. Without missing a beat he put the blue toothbrush, my toothbrush, into the cat's mouth. 

He read that a cat is reminded of their mother if you gently massage their gums with a toothbrush. He has been doing it nightly to bond with them. Timmy has been brushing the cat's teeth with my toothbrush for weeks.  

There isn't enough Listerine to make my mouth feel fresh today.


No comments:

Post a Comment