About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Short Secondary Blog


I think it's time for a new liner. I called my prosthetist, and I'm trying a new type this afternoon. It is another seal-in, but the fabric is touted to be sturdier and more resistant to tears and holes. I'm excited to give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. Holy moley!
    Why did you let it go this far? Shouldn't you have got it changed earlier? Or do they issue only a set number of liners a year?
    Regards
    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my "newest" liner. I have several problems with liners. First, my insurance adjuster is less than cooperative. She fights me when I request liners. She apparently only goes through two a year herself, and feels that since she settles for poor prosthetic care that I should as well. I was shocked that I am not being fought on my liner request this time (yet).

    I use the seal-in liner, which I love. I like that I can just step in and go. Unfortunately, these were designed on skinny women. Ossur does not currently make a conical shaped seal in liner to fit a lady's thigh shape. My stump is very small at the bottom (24) and the opening at the top is the same size. The top of the liner rolls over the top of my socket, causing rips and tears. I ride my bike 25 to 35 miles a day, so my thighs are not tiny!

    I tried a new liner this afternoon that "seems" perfect. I'm going to try it for a few days and write about it. Fingers crossed, it didn't roll down!

    ReplyDelete