About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Break Plans

The time our family has been anticipating for months has finally arrived. Scott is home for Spring Break. This has been a difficult school year; the break is well deserved and long overdue!

Scott has been looking forward to sleeping in, lounging around the house and not showering for days. Robby has been counting on curling up with his Daddy to eat pancakes in bed while watching cartoons, playing with his Criss Cross Crash toy, and eating ice cream for lunch. I, on the other hand, have been planning a lengthy to-do list comprised of yard work and heavy indoor cleaning. (Guess who isn't very popular in her house right now?)

Ideally, I would like to bring in a few truck loads of stone to fortify our slope. I would also like to lay mulch in all of the flower beds because last year we only did the beds in the front of the house. I want to plant bushes in front of our house and update our flowerbeds.

Our yard needs to be re-seeded, trees need to be cut down and cleared and our driveway needs to be patched. Our garage is a mess and is desperate need of being de-cluttered, cleaned, and organized. The plow needs to be taken off the lawn mower so that it can be used for grass should we ever successfully grow a yard!

I have been slowed down by blisters on the side of my stump. I have too many events in the coming weeks to risk being sidelined further. If we are going to get our yard ready for summer, I am going to need some help!

Experience has taught me not to set my expectations too high. Although I would love to get everything on my list completed during the coming week, I will be happy if I can get three solid days of work out of my boys. In reality, I will probably have to settle for two days. Hopefully they will work fast!

** Robby brought cupcakes into bed this morning for breakfast because "Daddy is home so he can have cupcakes for breakfast." I spoke with the boys about the list of things to do. They spoke privately and then added another item to my list: Go to the zoo. Should be a fun day!**

No comments:

Post a Comment