About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Moving Away...

Tomorrow is a bittersweet day. My brother will be moving from Pennsylvania to Texas. I know that he is excited about starting a new life, and he is looking forward to the adventures and challenges of living in a new area. His enthusiasm helps to temper the sadness that I feel seeing him move so far away.

I am a firm believer that every person has something that is "wrong" with them. My amputation is easy to identify, leaving no doubt that I have an orthopedic impairment. Sometimes the visibility of my disability is a blessing; the invisible demons can be just as debilitating.

My brother has plunged through hell and has crawled his way back. I know that his struggle has been nothing short of torture. The journey has not been without tears and pain, yet I remain steadfast in my support and love. I am so happy that he has been granted a second chance.

My brother will be living with my dad and working at my stepmother's restaurant. He is planning to immerse himself and master every aspect of the business. He is smart and a hard worker, so I have no doubt that he will be successful.

Tomorrow my brother will begin his new life. My heart is breaking, and I have shed tears because I don't know when I'll see him again. Robby is going to miss his uncle who has become his friend during the past few months. I know that my mom will have a void as well, yet she is relieved knowing that he is excited about his future.

Moving to a new area and starting again is a daunting undertaking. I am thankful that my brother has the support and guidance of my dad through this transition. I think that having family close by will be a comfort when things get difficult and he wants to give up. Although we'll now be separated by several hundred miles and two time zones, I am only a phone call away. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment