About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Off My Bucket List.

One look at my little boy yesterday morning and I knew he was sick. He was sweaty, pale and had deep purple circles under his eyes (a trait he gets from me when he is ill.) Unfortunately, I've seen him look this way far too many times this year. I'm toying with the idea of forwarding my mail to the pediatrician's office since I'm there so often!

I scheduled an appointment with his pediatrician, and tried to keep him comfortable until it was time to go. Robby cuddled up with me and zoned out to Good Morning America with me. I hate when he's sick, but I do love how he curls up with me when he is under the weather.

A simple swab of his throat confirmed my mommy diagnosis. He has strep throat- again! We drove the familiar route from the pediatrician's office to the pharmacy to retrieve his medicine and SpongeBob Chicken soup. The familiar plastic orange bottle, filled with cherry flavored pink antibiotic magic is now occupying its assigned space in our refrigerator.

After getting Robby settled in bed for the afternoon, I took the opportunity to check my email. With a click of the mouse my day went from being bad to good. I opened a link and experienced the realization of a long held dream.

I have been officially published! I wrote a piece about being an amputee parent for inMotion Magazine, (the magazine published by the Amputee Coalition of America) and it has been printed in this month's issue. Seeing my words with my name in the byline gave me chills.

Rarely have I felt this sense of satisfaction. I hope you enjoy the article!
http://www.amputee-coalition.org/inmotion_online/inmotion-22-01-web/#/54/

2 comments:

  1. (clap) (clap)(clap,clap,clap).....Applause for your achievement!!!!!!!!!!!!

    My Best Regards,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, for two posts, but does the doctor have any idea why poor Robby has dad so many bouts with strep this year?

    Ciny

    ReplyDelete