About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Conference

Yesterday morning I woke up and quietly sipped a cup of coffee, basking in the tranquility of the house. I suspected that once I started to move, the day would become exponentially more chaotic. I was correct,  and by the time I finally sat down for dinner (at 9:30 pm) I was bordering on exhausted.

I arrived in Orlando without any hiccups which was an unexpected surprise. As soon as I arrived at the hotel, I was slipping on my Ossur shirt and going to work. Between meetings and standing in the booth, I was busy every moment.

Although it was tiring, I was energized by seeing so many of my friends. Many who came by to see me I have known via Facebook and through email, but this was the first time we were able to meet. It is odd finally meeting people whom I feel like I know already!

It was surreal having so many of my peers recognize me as the AmputeeMommy. Walking through the lobby when I arrived, I was approached and asked to pose with pictures with readers of this blog. It felt odd being asked for my autograph, but I have to admit that I was tickled by the requests!

Today will be another long day, but I am feeling energized. I'm looking forward to spending the day with friends, new and established, and learning about the new technology which is becoming available. I wait to see how the day unfolds!

No comments:

Post a Comment