About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween!

Boo! 

We are in full blown Halloween mode at this house. Robby is looking forward to pumpkin and bat shaped pancakes for breakfast followed by "slaughtered noodles" for lunch. Dinner is a surprise but is always spooky! I'm thinking roasted raven and mutilated ghosts (chicken and mashed potatoes) might hit the spot.  After all, I have to make sure that he is well fed before tackling the neighborhood trick-or-treating.

Yesterday evening we carved the first of two pumpkins. I learned an important lesson this year when we went to the pumpkin patch. Robby needs guidelines when choosing his gourd! I have no doubt that he chose the largest pumpkin in the patch, weighing in at over 45 pounds. The walls were three inches thick and were a bear to cut through. Undeterred, he toiled for over an hour, carefully carving and scooping out the seeds. This is the first year that he has carved his own pumpkin without assistance, and he is proud of his creation!

I know that I have admitted this before, but it bears repeating. My husband is a really good sport when it comes to coordinating/ matching outfits. He never balks and compliantly puts on whatever outfit I request. Robby doesn't realize how lucky he is to have a Daddy who will don a coordinating costume to take him trick-or-treating.

Since Robby was born, he and Scott have always worn complimentary Halloween costumes. The first few years were a lot of fun, primarily because Robby was too young to make any requests so my creativity could flow freely. As he has become older, he has taken the lead on choosing his costume. This is the first year that he specifically requested both his and his Daddy's special outfits. I have to admit that I wasn't thrilled with the selection, but I obliged and began to assemble the ensembles. 

I'll post this year's Halloween costumes tonight, after the boys dress for Trick-or-Treating. In the meantime, have a Spooktacular Happy Halloween!




                                                             Goo fight!


                                                 Hot Diggity Dog(s)!


                               Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat


                             Oh no!  The Gingerbread Man ran off the cookie tray!


                                       Dinosaur and Caveman



                                                      Argghh!! Pirate fun.

                    (Billy the Exterminator and the Bubble Bee being exterminated)


                                                      Army men





                                                                 ?
                                               Check back tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment