About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Back to School!!

After a weekend, a scheduled holiday, and three snow/cold days, both boys are finally returning to school today. Even though it is only for one day, I welcome the reprieve and return to my schedule. I've enjoyed having them home, and although snow days do offer a special kind of fun, it is safe to say that we all have been growing antsy.  Robby didn't moan at all yesterday when we told him that he would have school today. He simply smiled and said, "That's okay. I miss my friends." (The fact that he doesn't hate school this year is such a relief!)

With the boys both at their respective schools, I'll be able to do something that I haven't done in nearly a week. I'll be able to sit in my chair, work quietly and actually finish my projects without interruptions. I suspect that it won't take me nearly as long to tie up the loose ends with a quiet house.  I'm looking forward to actually crossing things off my to do list and hope to create a clean slate by the end of the day. 

We don't have any great plans for the weekend, but I suspect that I'm going to have to come up with something to do. We've spent too many days at home with only each other for company. If I don't provide some sort of activity or structure, I predict that we will all be irritable and scrapping by Sunday afternoon. 

Unfortunately, the temperatures are forecast to be frigid over the next few days. I don't know if it is the pregnancy or my age, but I am not tolerating the subfreezing temperatures well. It feels like it takes me hours to get rid of the chill which develops after spending just a few moments outside.  Obviously, any weekend activities will have to occur indoors. Anybody have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment