About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Crawling School

Yesterday everybody was home (again) because of the holiday. While I do enjoy my family, I am beginning to think that there is, indeed, something behind the idea of too much togetherness. I don't think it would be as frustrating if I could lounge with them, but I am still working and having the extra bodies home only serve to vie for my attention. 

The weather was chilly and Robby was still recovering from his ear infections, so he opted to stay inside for the majority of the day. The fact that he wasn't begging for me to set up the moon bounce was the only confirmation I needed that he wasn't quite feeling up to snuff. I feel so badly for him when he is sick.

When Robby wasn't playing with his toys, he took an uncanny interest in his brother. He woke up determined to teach Timmy how to crawl. At breakfast he announced that his baby brother "has been living on earth for a lot of months and so far he hasn't learned to do anything. Today I am going to teach him how to crawl so he can move by himself."

Robby was true to his word and spent a considerable amount of time trying to teach Timmy to crawl. He tried a variety of approaches including but not limited to physical manipulation, providing an example, and bribery. Despite a valiant effort by his big brother, we still have a baby content to roll and sit in lieu of crawling. 

While I was delighted that Robby wanted to spend time with Hamlet, I wasn't exactly thrilled at the prospect of having a baby on the move.  I know that he is on the verge of mobility, but as far as I'm concerned, the longer I can keep him still, the better. I just don't know if I'm ready to chase after a little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment