About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Do Nothing Weekend

Friday morning was spent getting my leg adjusted. As I predicted, it took longer for me to drive to the office than it did for the adjustments to be made. Within minutes Elliot had slightly shortened my leg, creating the perfect walking length for me. I was strutting and walking through the office as if I were a bi-ped.

On my way home I received a call from Robby's school telling me that he was complaining of his ears hurting and a headache. I drove straight to his school, and after I took one look at my pale little Koopa, I knew that he was sick. I packed him up and we headed to the doctor.  My fears were confirmed when she diagnosed him with a double ear infection.

The weekend was relatively low-key and quiet. Robby was recuperating and had minimal energy, so he was content staying in his pajamas and playing video games uninterrupted. Knowing that he still had a fever and needed to rest, I didn't push him to run errands or play outside. Timmy was happy scooting around the floor, trying to put everything into his mouth and playing with his toys. While he hasn't yet mastered traditional crawling, he is certainly quick when he puts his mind to commando crawling!

While I hate that my little buddy was sick, I did enjoy the forced relaxation. I can't remember the last time I just sat by the fire and watched movies. I think that everybody is feeling better after our quiet, do-nothing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment