About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 16, 2015

Adjustments

It's finally Friday! This week hasn't been especially busy, but it has been incredibly stressful. I'm looking forward to a weekend of relaxing and binge watching Breaking Bad. Of course, I'm sure that my boys have other plans, and I'll be lucky if I can squeeze in half an episode while rocking Timmy. I keep telling myself that someday I will regain my weekends, but during this stage in my life, the days are monopolized by my kids. 

Today I was hoping to put Timmy in school for a few hours so that I finally could see the newest Hunger Games movie which I swore I was going to see the day it was released in November. Things kept popping up, and seeing the movie never made it back to the top of my list. Obviously the stars are not aligning because it is again being bumped down on my priority list.  Instead of relaxing with a tub of popcorn, I'll be driving to get another prosthetic adjustment. 

I probably could wait for the adjustment until Monday, but I am not willing to be uncomfortable through the weekend. I'm just a tinge too tall on my prosthetic side, which is starting to impact my back and hips. I know all too well that those little twinges can quickly become debilitating. I'm not willing to take the risk, so I'm going to head into rush hour traffic this morning to get shortened.  I have no doubt that it will take me longer to drive to the appointment than it will for my leg to be adjusted. 

Driving to the prosthetist, dealing with ingrown hairs and not being able to go on my toes when Timmy and I are Sweating to the Oldies are all amputee annoyances which are beginning to wear me down. Hopefully this will be the last adjustment I need for a long time. I miss the days where I would just step into my leg and not think about it for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment