About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Email


After a long day of waiting, we were finally able to bring my Dad home. The Hospice agency, along with my stepmother, did a fabulous job setting up a comfortable spot in his living room. I feel a huge sense of relief knowing that he will be comfortable in his own home. It certainly takes a special soul to go into that line of work. I know that I lack the needed fortitude for that occupation. Seeing their compassion in action has restored my faith in humanity.

As we waited for the transfer to home, my Dad and I spent a quiet afternoon together. It was wonderful to talk and reminisce when he was awake.  During his increasingly frequent naps I was able to get a considerable amount of work done. I am accustomed to working while trying to wrangle a curious crawler.  Being able to finish my reports in  the quiet hospital environment was a treat! I was reminded about how much I am able to accomplish when I am not constantly interrupted and distracted. 

After plowing through some appeals I finally took a break to check my email.  I was nervous when i discovered an email from my Representative's office.  I had requested a meeting to discuss insurance fairness for amputees last week, but I have to admit that I didn't have a lot of faith that I would receive an immediate answer. (I was prepared to pester and make myself such a  nuisance that a meeting would be granted simply to shut me up.)

I took a deep breath to recenter myself and calmly opened the message. I almost squealed with delight when I read that my request for a meeting was granted! Okay, in full disclosure I did wake up my Dad with my joyful exuberance. He may be sick, but the smile on his face let me know that he understood and that he was rooting for me. 

Today will be spent making my Dad comfortable and running errands to help my stepmother. During the increasing quiet periods I have a new project: I have to create my talking points for insurance fairness.  I have a big meeting coming up, and I plan on bringing my A game.

No comments:

Post a Comment