About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 23, 2015

Rest!

Knowing that I was both emotionally and physically drained, Scott took off Friday afternoon. I handed him Timmy almost as soon as he walked up the stairs and headed back into Robby's room to take a nap. I woke up nearly two and half hours later. I can't remember the last time I took an afternoon nap of that length! I woke up feeling stronger and more centered.

This weekend we didn't do anything of any significance, but it felt like I was constantly in motion. We ran a few errands, but I spent the majority of my time doing laundry from the trip, catching up with the mail and returning phone calls. It is amazing how life's little tasks really accumulate after two weeks. I did manage to get in some outdoor playtime with Robby and a few neighborhood strolls with Timmy. 

Between the weather and my health, it has been a long time since I have been able to leisurely walk through the neighborhood. It was wonderful to push Timmy through the neighborhood, stopping to talk with neighbors I haven't seen since Fall. This has been a long and extremely cold winter; I was happy to officially ring in the first day of spring.  I love being outside, and judging from the smiles on Timmy's face, he does as well. I have a feeling the stroller and wagon will be logging a lot of miles in the coming weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment