About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 29, 2015

Happy Birthday Robby

Dear Robby,

Nine years ago today I was admitted to the hospital in preparation of your birth. To say that I was scared was an understatement. Utterly petrified might be a more apt description, but even that doesn't quite sum up the emotion. I had no idea what to expect when you were eventually born the following afternoon.

You see Robby, you were my first.  You were the first baby I held with the knowledge that I was completely responsible for your every need (at every hour as you would constantly remind me during the first 8 months of your life.) You were the first person that ever caused me to fall hopeless in love. I instinctively surrendered my heart the moment I held you on my chest.

Watching you grow into the wonderful person that you are today has been one of the greatest joys of my life. Sometimes I peer around the corner and spy you playing, perplexed about how the years have flown since I first held you. The world sees a quirky, complex and interesting nine year old boy. My reflections run deeper because when I watch you play, I can still see the baby I held and the unsure toddler taking his first steps. I remain astonished that I am part of somebody so incredible.

You are loved beyond words, and your Daddy and I remain so proud of you. You have flourished this year as you have embraced being a big brother and pushed yourself academically. I know that it hasn't always been easy, but you are strong and never give up for long.

I love listening to you practice the piano and reading your Minecraft books. You love fishing and have aspirations of becoming a gold miner. You see the world as nothing but possibilities and challenges, a perspective I envy. 

No matter how busy my afternoon becomes, I am always looking forward to picking you up from school. I truly love spending time with you, whether we be playing or just talking. I love you, and I hope that you have a wonderful birthday.

Happy 9th Birthday to my whimsical, funny, loving, empathetic and smart little Koopa. 

I

No comments:

Post a Comment