About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 18, 2015

Field Trip Day

I have an excited little Koopa this morning. He woke up early and has been chomping at the bit to go to school since he moseyed out of bed. I tried to convince him to go back to sleep until the sun rose, but my efforts were in vain. I suppose I understand his enthusiasm. I remember how excited I used to feel on field trip days.

Today Robby's class is going to the Manassas Battlefield. Needless to say, he is thrilled. He spent about an hour last night with Mr. Bill, reviewing the Battlefield and absorbing as much knowledge as possible. (Mr. Bill is our resident expert on the Civil War. I venture to guess that he knows as much about the history of the Battlefield as the Park Rangers who will be leading our tour.)

It seems that the weather is going to cooperate, providing us with a gorgeous day to spend outside. I'm happy that I'm able to help to chaperon the trip and I'm looking forward to spending the day with Robby and his friends.  Although he won't understand the tour, I suspect that Timmy is going to have a fabulous day as well. He relishes spending time with the "big kids" and will be thrilled to be part of the excitement.

Happy Friday- Happy Field Trip Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment