About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 25, 2015

Sick Day

Robby woke up yesterday morning complaining of a sore throat and headache.  After verifying that he was running a fever I sent him back to bed. I texted his teacher and went about rescheduling all of my appointments for the day. (Between work meetings, appointments and personal errands, I had an extremely busy day planned.)

As the morning progressed Robby's moderate fever began to lessen. Soon he was at that phase where he was well enough to play Xbox on the couch but too sick to go run around outside. Because his brother was sick, Timmy and I spent the majority of our day outside playing. I blew up our moon bounce and we jumped for almost an hour in our yard. We looked at stick and rocks and also spent a lot of time picking up nuts from our driveway.  (I wouldn't let him then throw those nuts at the car and I held my ground despite his red faced protests.)

It wasn't the busy work day that I had planned, but thankfully I have enough flexibility in my schedule to adjust for the unexpected. I am hoping that a solid nights sleep will knock the bug out completely, allowing my little Koopa to go back to school today.  Thankfully I have the weekend to play catch up after the  sick day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment