About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Flying Home

Today we are returning home!  It will be nice to be home and to return to normalcy after a week of being away. I know that Timmy has missed his toys and Robby has missed his friends and various electronics.  Even though I'm eager to walk into our home, stripping off my clothes and collapsing on our couch in my nightgown, I am dreading the process involved with reaching our final destination.

 I am anxious about having to enter the belly of a plane with my little beast.  He was not a pleasant flyer last week, and I doubt that he has matured into the experience in a few days. I am expecting meltdowns and tantrums for the entirety of the flight. If he behaves, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I feel badly about Hamlet's poor travel manners.  I can't help but think that somewhere nearby there are a hundred other individuals, preparing for their flights without any knowledge of the terror they will encounter. Little do they know that they will be treated to an Oscar worthy tantrum performed by an angry two year old.

Maybe he will surprise everybody and behave like a little cherub. Or perhaps he will sleep through the flight, waking only when we disembark. A Mom can always dream, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment