About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Home!

Timmy was ecstatic to be home, immediately running to the trampoline behind the house as soon as he was released from his car seat.  Robby didn't even make it down the driveway, insisting that we drop him off in the road as soon as he saw Jack.  I felt a sigh of relief as soon as I walked through my door, knowing that we had survived traveling with Timmy the Terrible.

To our fellow passengers, we sincerely apologize for Hamlet's raging tantrums. I tried everything at my disposal, from supplying a steady stream of french fries to talking like Donald Duck. Nothing placated him for more than a minute, and he quickly resumed his vocal outrage at being on a plane. If it brings any solace, your torment ended when the plane landed.  We had to suffer for another three hours as we drove through rush hour traffic home. 

My little cherub is still sleeping, no doubt exhausted from yesterday's performance. Today will be spent doing laundry, cleaning and getting settled back home. I am sure that Robby will spend the day playing with Jack. I probably won't see him until mid afternoon, when the pair want a ride to the pool.  Despite the screaming and toddler stress, it is wonderful to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment