About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, February 08, 2018

Ankle issue

I'm not sure how I did it, but somehow I managed to hurt my ankle. It is extraordinarily frustrating to discover a grossly swollen ankle for no apparent reason. In my non-medically trained opinion it appears to be a sprain. Of course, I haven't been to the doctor and I've never been to medical school, so my guess is as good as Googles.   

I noticed some mild discomfort when I was at Sky Zone with Timmy on Tuesday, but it wasn't intense enough for me to stop playing. I wouldn't even classify the sensation as pain, instead the outside of my ankle just felt sore as if it had been kicked, which I admit is weird since no such thing occurred.  

Walking became more tender throughout the day, but it wasn't until I hopped into the tub at night that I realized the extent of my non-injury. My ankle had a huge goose egg protrusion, and the entirety of my foot was starting to turn a lovely shade of violet.  The warm water of my bath only served to increase both the swelling and the pain, rendering it difficult for me to get out of the tub. After struggling for several minutes I finally swallowed my pride and called Scott to help hoist me out.  

Yesterday morning my ankle felt better but walking was tender. By the time I tucked Timmy into his train bed I was ready to pop off my leg and elevate my foot. I hate to admit this, but I think I need to get an actual medical opinion. I only have one biological ankle, and I need to take care of it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment