About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, February 09, 2018

Hobbling Around

After much consideration (and hours of hobbling around), I decided to call the orthopedic doctor about my ankle. I was hoping to be seen before the weekend, but that was wishful thinking. Because it isn't broken and I'm not in excruciating pain, my appointment was scheduled for next Thursday. Apparently waiting a week is par for the course for non-emergency ankle visits. 

I briefly considered telling the receptionist that I was in more pain than I really am, but I quickly realized that my attempt to jump the appointment line might harm other patients whose needs are more dire. I've been hobbling around on an achy and ugly ankle for a few days, at this point another week won't make a difference.   In the meantime I will keep it wrapped in a compression bandage and stay off it as much as possible.  

This weekend is supposed to be rainy and miserable, which will hopefully work in my favor. Timmy has been having a blast riding his balance bike through the house, an activity which requires no walking on my part. I'm sure my ankle will heal much quicker if I can convince Timmy to let me rest on the couch while he plays. If that doesn't work, I think it might be time to revisit the Polar Express (for the 200th+ time).

No comments:

Post a Comment