About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, February 12, 2018

Heading to NOLA

The weekend was laid back and relaxed, which is a good thing because the next few days are sure to be busy. In January I joined the OPAF Board of Directors, and tomorrow is my first official Board meeting. I'll be flying to New Orleans to attend the meeting, but unfortunately I won't have free time in my schedule to experience Mardi Gras. I am probably one of a few people who fly to New Orleans on Fat Tuesday for the sole purpose of a meeting instead of revelry. I am not sure if that makes me dedicated or boring.

Despite fearing that I am leaning more towards the boring than the exciting, I am delighted to serve on the OPAF Board of Directors. OPAF provides adaptive sport and recreation opportunities to individuals with a myriad of physical disabilities across the country. Through their "First Clinics," hundreds of people are able to try new activities in a safe, supportive and fun environment. I am proud to be affiliated with this stellar nonprofit, and I look forward to serving in my Board capacity in the coming year.  

Today I am packing up Timmy and meeting my Mom in Maryland, where we will exchange hugs and cars. She will take my car (with Timmy) to her house while I head to the airport. I fly to Louisiana tonight, participate in the meetings all day tomorrow before flying back home on a late night flight. The next 48 hours will be both busy and exhausting, so I'm glad that I was able to allow my ankle and leg to rest over the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment