About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 06, 2018

Superbowl WIN

While I would not classify myself as a football fan, I do understand the game and have been known to enjoy watching when I am invested in cheering for a team. Normally I watch the Superbowl for the commercials, but this year was different. This year I was actually rooting for a team, and not just any team. I was rooting for my home team.

Watching my home team friends rooting for their team through social media definitely made the game more fun for me. It didn't take long for me to realize how much an Eagles win would mean to my friends and my family. Before long I found myself in the unusual situation of actually caring about the outcome.

I grew up in Eagles country and I am familiar with the associated heartbreak. Most of my friends through school were die hard Eagles fans, primarily because their parents were fans themselves. While I fully admit that I am not a dedicated Eagles fan, I do know that those who are devoted to the team have experienced more than their share of sport induced depression. This Superbowl win was not only earned and well-deserved, but it was also long overdue.

Generations of Eagles fans have waited and hoped for a Superbowl win and this past Sunday, their dreams were finally realized. I'm happy that my home team won, but I'm more overjoyed for my childhood friends. This win came at a time when most of my friends were able to enjoy it with their parents and with their children. Three generations of fans were able to experience a "first" together. If you ask me, that's pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment