About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Sad Day

Yesterday was a sad one for our family.  In the morning Scott learned of the passing of his cousin. Although she had been battling cancer for years and her passing away should not have been a surprise, we were shocked to hear the news. I suppose nobody is ever prepared for the death of somebody so young (she is around Scott's age).

As we were processing the news about his cousin I learned that my cousin was undergoing emergency heart surgery to release a blockage. (My Mom hopped in her car and drove two hours to the hospital as soon as she learned the news.)  Bob is my oldest cousin, whom I viewed with adoration as I was growing up. Thankfully he made it through the surgery with flying colors and is resting comfortably.

Today we are heading on a Spring Break adventure, which I'm hoping will lighten our moods. We are going to the Big Apple Circus at National Harbor.  Robby remembers the circus fondly and is looking forward to seeing the animals perform.  (The circus only uses rescue dogs and cats, so it is an animal friendly event.)  I'm am concerned that the dogs running and jumping through hoops won't seem as magical now that he is 11 and that the fondly remembered "amazing" show will be dimmed through more mature eyes. 

Even if Robby is bored by the show, I'm sure that Timmy will be flabbergasted. I'm looking forward to seeing his reactions as the performance unfolds.  Pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment