About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Koopa Down.

In an attempt at trying his hand at the acrobatic feats demonstrated by his younger brother, Robby tried to do a flip off of his bunk bed. Holding onto the rail, he flipped himself over the top bunk onto a pile of turtles on the floor. Unfortunately he weighs considerably more than his four year old inspiration and landed with a thump.

He immediately began to complain of neck and shoulder pain, which I attributed to a simple kink from too much screen time. In defense of my diagnosis, he never told me about his ill-fated flip. Had I known, I would have taken the ailment seriously.  

As the day progressed his neck pain increased significantly. By mid-afternoon he was in tears and unable to move his arm comfortably. With the spams becoming more intense and his posture crooked, I decided it was time to get him checked out.  It was only when he was talking to the doctor that he revealed his acrobatic attempt.  

It turns out that Robby dislocated his clavicle. The doctor was able to reset the joint, and we were released with some strong muscle relaxers to help him during the next few days. He is sore this morning, but at least he can move his head again. Hopefully a day of being fully "relaxed" will hasten healing and he will return to normal by the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment