About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 07, 2018

Weekend Wrap-Up

Without a doubt, the best part of traveling for work is always coming home. As soon as I saw the boys at the airport my frustrations and anxiety began to wash away, replaced with the joy that I receive from my little family.  I needed their smiles, their hugs and their kisses more than I realized.  

After a difficult week away, a weekend relaxing and doing little of substance was exactly what I needed. On Saturday we went swimming, an activity which delighted both boys. It is so hard to find activities that they both love, but so far the pool always hits the mark. Timmy enjoyed splashing around and practicing his swim skills while Robby had fun creating games and diving for rings.  I definitely have a family of water bugs.

Yesterday Timmy and I went to the Animal Park, where he played and climbed throughout the afternoon. I assumed my rightful spot in the lobby, where I can keep a watchful eye on him but still relax and provide some autonomy. Between Robby and now Timmy, I wonder how many hours I have spent at our little zoo.  

Today we are returning to reality. I have new work projects to tackle. It will be a challenge, but life is rarely easy. Here's to a week filled with less stress and more smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment