About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 11, 2018

Happy Mother's Day

Robby is recovering but continues to feel sore. I am relieved that his pain has lessened from an eight to a three, and we are hoping to continue the trend through the weekend. Hopefully by Monday he will be completely functional (even if he does have to continue to remain cognizant of his movements.)  I hate seeing him so uncomfortable!

All plans for our weekend are Robby dependent. If he is still uncomfortable we will probably stay home to allow him to medicate and rest. I've already made the executive decision to forgo selling at our community yard sale. With my helper out of commission, the prospect of doing everything by myself just doesn't seem fun. 

It has been a long few weeks, so staying home and quietly working in the yard might be the plan for the weekend. We haven't planted our garden, and Timmy's yard toys could use a good washing. I'm sure Timmy would be delighted if we gave him a bucket of sudsy water, a sponge and permission to scrub anything plastic.

This Sunday is Mother's Day. I hold no expectations of breakfast in bed or of being doted upon throughout the day. I now accept a day devoid of fart and burp jokes as my gift. Holding in both their jokes and their flatulence for 24 hours is difficult for every male in my house (Scott included), but their sacrifice is appreciated on my special day.

To all the Moms (and anybody who fills that void), Happy Mother's Day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment