About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, July 13, 2018

Day 1

Greetings from conference!

Working conference is always an exhilarating and exhausting experience. I am in constant motion, but every time I turn a corner I run into another friend. I love seeing so many familiar and wonderful faces. After attending for almost a decade, I feel like conference is a class reunion.

Setting up the booth was frustrating, primarily because it was my first time with the task. I've worked dozens of industry conferences, but I have never been in charge of booth construction. Thankfully I had some strong friends who were generous with both their time and their efforts to help me out. After trial-and-error attempts, we finally erected a standing structure for the booth backdrop.  (Hopefully I will remember how it is constructed so that next time it will be easier.) 

After the booth was constructed I spent the afternoon in meetings and talking with friends. I didn't make it back to my room until 10, which felt like 1 AM because of the time change. (This early rising Mom was up well past her bedtime.)

Today is a full day in the exhibit hall. If you are at conference, please stop by booth #310 (LIM Innovations) and say hello!  

No comments:

Post a Comment