About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, November 26, 2018

Home Again

All good things must come to an end, and unfortunately, this includes our Thanksgiving week-o-fun. Although we were only at my Mom's for a week, we managed to pack a lot of activities (and memories) into those seven days. I'm not looking forward to the next few days as we play catch-up with work from our adventures.

Our shopping on Friday was successful but somewhat subdued. We have a nice start on our holiday shopping and we were even able to pick up a few items for ourselves. Robby, who has been alternating between three long sleeve shirts for the past few weeks, now has a fully stocked closet overflowing with warm and comfy clothes. Scott was able to find a handful of work shirts and I picked up some sweatpants and sweatshirts for Hamlet. I even treated myself to a new pair of cozy pajamas! 

The ability to shop online has definitely impacted our Black Friday traditions. We still went out late Thursday night but we weren't worried about nabbing a coveted doorbuster. It was nice being able to shop with Scott, Robby and my niece without the pressure of snagging an elusive item.

We were sad leaving my Mom's house, but it is nice to be home. Timmy immediately started assembling train tracks as soon as he walked into the house. Robby played with the cats and I was able to relax in front of the fire and decompress. It was nice to be away, but there is a comfort that can only come from being home.

No comments:

Post a Comment