About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Vote

Happy Election Day!

I'm looking forward to the cessation of the vile political ads that have been streaming nonstop since summer. I have found it hard to remain optimistic and happy with the constant stream of attacks and lies bombarding me through every possible platform. No wonder there is so much negativity and anger in our culture!

I have voted in every election since I became eligible at age 18. I remember driving home from college to cast my ballot, and mailing my ballot when I was attending Michigan State. Robby and Timmy have both accompanied me to every election, regardless of the weather or situation. Robby is old enough to understand the importance of casting a ballot, and he has the appreciation that every voice and every vote matters. Timmy is too young to comprehend, and he is simply happy to get a new sticker.  

After I vote today I will be heading up to PA so that my Mom can cast her ballot. She has a doctor's appointment tomorrow to have the staples removed from her knee. I know that she is looking forward to increased mobility and getting rid of the uncomfortable pulling from the staples. Hopefully, this will be another step towards healing. I know that she is frustrated with both the pain and the limited mobility since the surgery.  

Go vote!


No comments:

Post a Comment