About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, November 09, 2018

Walking Day!

Yesterday was my Dad's 71st birthday. I made it through the day without crying, but I certainly felt his absence. I miss him dearly. I was happy for bedtime because it meant that I had survived another milestone without my Dad. The sun came up this morning, and the heaviness of his loss has eased back to the normal level.

While yesterday was difficult, this weekend will be celebratory. Sunday marks my 15th Walking Day Anniversary. It is difficult to fathom that I took those first tentative steps so many years ago. When I close my eyes it feels like yesterday, yet I have had a lifetime of experiences since I became an amputee.  

We celebrate Walking Day in our family because it marks such an important milestone in my life. Scott may forget birthdays and wedding anniversaries, but he has never missed a Walking Day. Although I took the steps, the day means as much to him as it does to me. He was with me through the difficult recovery, and those first few steps solidified our belief that I was going to be okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment