About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 20, 2019

Birthday

Friday night Timmy's fever rose so high I was scared for him. It is torturous to watch your child sick and suffering without relief.  Thankfully his fever broke Saturday afternoon, and by Sunday my energetic little tornado was operating at full force.  I am amazed at how Timmy can become so sick, only to recover just as quickly.  

Sunday was my birthday, and by far my favorite gift was the return of Timmy's health. Watching him play, hearing him giggle and smothering him with kisses was the best possible way to spend my special day. Because he had been sick, my birthday was a low-key affair.  I met my Mom for lunch and made a nice dinner for the boys. We had cake and called the celebration complete.

To be honest, I'm glad that my birthday is over. When I was younger, I used to anticipate my birthday with the same excitement as Christmas. As a child, the concept of not loving your birthday was both foreign and unnatural. Now that I'm older, the enthusiasm for my "special day" has definitely waned. 

Yesterday was lackluster at its best, bordering on depressing. With two kids, one of whom has been sick, being spoiled and doted upon just wasn't in the cards. I went to bed last night feeling an odd sense of relief that my birthday was over. I'm ready to just move on and tackle the year ahead.  


No comments:

Post a Comment