About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 24, 2019

Winding Down the School Year

Today marks Robby's last enrichment class in Fairfax. Every Friday, and for the half the year on Wednesdays as well, Robby attended a private school for his school electives. I remember driving him to his first class. He was so scared and nervous, unsure about what to expect and insecure about everything. Today he is sad that his classes are coming to an end and he is eagerly anticipating the start of the new session. The school has been amazing for him!

Our great cyberschool experiment is coming to an end. Motivated to finish at the same time as his cousins, Robby worked diligently and managed to complete his classes four weeks ahead of the deadline. He has grown academically and developed strong organizational and time management skills. I am so proud of him.  

Tomorrow morning we are heading up to Pennsylvania to celebrate Memorial Day with my Mom.  We have attended her local craft fair every Memorial Day (minus 2006 when I was giving birth to Robby) since 1990. Robby and I are looking forward to discovering new treasures while Timmy is excited about seeing his Nana.  

Have a wonderful long weekend and welcome to the "Sunsational Summer of 2019."

No comments:

Post a Comment