About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Registration

I woke up early this morning, not because of Timmy but instead to register Robby for his Fall classes. He has his heart set on Early American Espionage, RPG and WWII 3D history, both of which offer limited class size and are highly coveted by teen boys. He also wants to take Baking for Teens, but it was brought to my attention that Robby's interest in the course more lies with mingling with his fellow classmates (whom he assumes will be female) than it does with baking cookies.  

Of course, it took me a little while to realize his sudden baking motivation. Robby started to stammer and deflect when I protested the course. Not keen on leaving the city at 3 PM every Friday, I pointed out that he could bake with me at any time. Finally Scott intervened, sending Robby a lifeline by pointing out that baking with friends is more fun. (It wasn't until later that Scott confided Robby's intentions for taking the baking course. Apparently, my little baker is hedging his bets that his classmates will be predominantly female.)

Registration for next year's classes opened at 6 AM. I was on the couch at 5:30, devising the best click through the catalog to secure a spot in all three classes. As soon as the website went live, I clicked through my rehearsed pattern.

Robby will be thrilled to learn that his registration in all classes has been confirmed.  The espionage and WWII classes both sold out within 45 seconds, so I am glad that I followed my instincts by getting up early. Next year he will spend every Friday in Fairfax, which will make his schedule easier for both of us. I think he will enjoy having his classes all on one day, and I know I will love spending less time in the car.

The weather is going to be 20 degrees cooler today, so I'm sure that my little Hamlet will have me outside for much of the afternoon. I still need to take it easy because of the blister on my limb, but the blister guards are working magic for the pain. I know that my limb would be healed quicker if I stayed off my leg for a few days, but that isn't an option. Instead, I'm muddling through knowing that the healing will be somewhat slowed but at least I'm able to keep up with my boys.  



No comments:

Post a Comment