About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Positive Thoughts

After the pressure of a stressful class registration window, the rest of our way was laid back and fun.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous. With temperatures in the mid-70s, the sun shining brightly against a blue sky and no bugs swarming or biting, it was hard to stay inside. Timmy, Robby and I spent hours playing in our yard, digging for worms and riding bikes.

Thank goodness for blister specific Bandaids. Without the added protection and cushioning, I doubt I would have been able to walk. I am frustrated by the lingering limb issues but I'm trying to concentrate on the positives. At least I can adequately protect my limb to minimize the pain. Too many of my friends aren't able to walk at all without debilitating pain. I'm uncomfortable, but in the greater picture, I am still very lucky. 

Focusing on the positive, especially when my limb issues are involved, isn't something that comes naturally for me. I've been working with my meditation app and trying to make a deliberate effort to focus on my blessings instead of my woes. I continue to find myself drifting back into negativity but I'm becoming more cognizant about my detrimental thought processes. 

My limb is thoroughly bandaged, and I'm ready for another beautiful day outside. Today Robby is going to take his Science final before we head to the park for a celebratory picnic. I love this weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment