About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 06, 2019

Comfort

Happy Friday!  

Even though it was a short week, I'm grateful for the upcoming weekend. Our little weekend getaway has thrown the house into disarray. I need a few dedicated days, without school work and appointments, to get caught up on the laundry and the cleaning.  

My leg is feeling better, so I no longer have an excuse for not cleaning. (Other than the fact that I despise cleaning, but that is more a fault than an excuse.) Lately, my leg has been fitting perfectly, and I have noticed a huge change in both my mood and my motivation to get things done. I'm am amazed by how empowering I feel when I lack pain. 

During spells when my leg doesn't fit correctly, or when I'm struggling with skin issues, that it is possible to use a prosthesis without pain. I think I become so worn down by the discomfort and the little discomforts that I begin to accept prosthetic issues as my reality. The past week has reminded me of what it is like to feel completely comfortable, and I really hope that this trend continues. Everybody is happier when my leg is comfortable.

Today will be spent driving Robby to and from his classes, and taking Hamlet to his doctors appointments. I'm nervous about what the doctors will say about Timmy, but I'm sure it can't be worse than everything that I am conjuring. Fingers are crossed for a good report! 






No comments:

Post a Comment