About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 05, 2019

Decorating

With summer over and Labor Day behind us, Timmy has decided that it is the appropriate time to start decorating for Halloween. This year, my little Hamlet is quite excited about all things Halloween. We have been listening to "spooky" songs and Nightmare Before Christmas has temporarily bumped both the Grinch and the Polar Express from their top viewing spots.

Our windows (and a good portion of our floors) are now covered with glittered pumpkin, ghost and bat cut-outs. I love Timmy's enthusiasm and the pure joy that he exudes for simple decorations. His affinity for glitter shows through the little metalic specs that are now thoroughly embedded in my footshell and sock.  I'm pretty sure that we will all be covered with a thin layer of glitter until after Easter.

I have been feeling more anxiety lately, but I can tell that the mood is lifting. It is certainly difficult to feel overwhelmed and sad when he is skipping and merrily singing "This is Halloween." Bring on the holidays, we'll be well-decorated and festive for everything on our calendar!



No comments:

Post a Comment