About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, September 02, 2019

Labor Day

I've never masked my hatred for Labor Day. Although I respect and appreciate the roots of the designation, the practical celebrations have always dampened the holiday. Even as a child, I found celebrating the end of summer by family barbecues, back to school sales and somber final trips to the pool to nonsensical and depressing.  

Even though the boys have been in school for two weeks, tomorrow marks the symbolic start to the chaotic schedule. After school and enrichment classes begin, creating a congested and carefully crafted calendar. While I don't mind going into chauffeur mode, I do resent the end of our lazy summer days.  

Happy Labor Day (even if I refuse to celebrate).

No comments:

Post a Comment