About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, December 13, 2019

Busy Day

This morning was met with freezing rain and ice. Unfortunately, Scott's school system opted to not call a delay, so he was forced to risk the drive to work. It is mornings like this that I am relieved and grateful to work from home. I definitely do not miss perilous drives on bad roads!

Hopefully the roads will clear by the time Robby is scheduled to go to his classes. The 11:00 start time makes all the difference in both traffic and road conditions.  My inquisitive Koopa is looking forward to his classes and his end of the semester celebrations that follow. 

While Robby is at class Timmy has appointments to treat his autoimmune issues. I hate treatment days. It is never easy seeing your child become a human pincushion. All of the handheld electronic gaming systems were charged last night, in preparation for today. Typically I hate electronic games, but today is a day when I encourage anything that keeps him both calm and content. 

Thankfully Timmy handles the ordeal like a champion, which helps to ease the stress of the situation. This weekend we will rest and continue our Christmas preparations. I'm sure that there will be cookie baking involved, assuming that my youngest helper feels up to the task. Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment