About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Nutcracker

Last night Robby and I went on our annual Nutcracker date. I continue to be amazed by my (not-so) little Koopa's wide array of interests. I love that he adores the Nutcracker and anticipates the ballet every season.  

Robby continues to be amazed by the beauty of the athletic feats of each dancer. In a room full of polite applause, he continues to extend an appreciative woot woot when he is moved. Of course, we were talking about World War II battles during intermission for the ballet. The irony is not lost on me.

The weather to the ballet was miserable but manageable. Thankfully the snow and ice held off until well after we were tucked into bed. The roads were just wet but between the limited visibility and the reflection of the Christmas lights on the pavement, the drive was still riddled with angst. The older I become, the more anxiety I feel when driving at night.  I don't like this stage of maturation!





No comments:

Post a Comment